Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Hair Trend: The shaved head Trend



Let's go back chronologically to see who first started this 80's inspired hair trend. It was none other than R & B singer Cassie. When asked why she did it, she responded on Twitter "LOL B/C I WOKE UP AND FELT LIKE IT!!!”


Next up was former radio Disc jockey and MTV host, LA LA Vasquez. She shaved her head and put her own spin on it. By adding the lines it gave this hairstyle more oomph.

Keisha Cole chopped on the shaved half head craze and took this style to the next level. As you can tell from the picture, she added a couple red stars. Not that it needs it, but the red stars gave this hairstyle a bigger personality.

Rihanna decided to follow the recent half shaved head fad, but she took it a step further by shaving both sides! For Rhianna this wasn't much of a departure from her normal edgy short hairstyles. Cassie may have started the trend, but Rhianna pulled it off the best.


Last, but not least Spice girl Mel B showed off her punk rock half shaved head at the Brit Awards. The bedazzled stars added a not so interesting touch.

I must admit when I first saw pictures of Cassie's half shaved head I wasn't particularly fond of it, but it has grown on me. I love a good hair trend. The crazier the better! However, I’m a total coward and I’d rather look at the wild looks than sport it on myself. Kudos to the ladies above who dare to try out this wild style, but talk about commitment!

This reminded me of the time I chopped my long hair to shoulder length. I loved the look for almost a year, then I decided to grow it out. Well, needless to say it seems like it took forever to grow. So I added hair extensions in my hair during the transitional phase, until my hair grew to the length I wanted (bra strap length).

We hear stories from customers all the time that want to buy hair extensions because they got a trendy hair cut (remember the bob) or worst, a bad haircut and don't want to wait months or often time years until their hair grows back. I recently saw a quote that read, "life is too short to wait for your hair to grow." Thank goodness for hair extensions!

No comments:

Post a Comment