Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hair Extensions Trends for Summer 2010

It seems summer is finally here, and as well as a new wardrobe, it's also the perfect opportunity to try out new hairstyles, shapes and colors. If your clients are leery to commit, but are feeling adventurous and experimental, hair extensions could provide the excitement they crave. Whether it is a splash of color, or extra length for a special occasion, extensions are versatile and can transform hair in a matter of minutes. They are still a favorite with celebrities, especially for adding volume and length, and an essential part of any session stylist's kit bag. So, what are the trends for the summer? Paul Falltrick, of Paul Falltrick Hairdressing in Essex, talks through the top three trends you should be offering your clients.
Hair Extension Trends:


Thickness
Using hair extensions to add thickness and volume is on-trend this season. Jennifer Lopez would not be able to create the different looks she reveals week after week without hair extensions. She provides the perfect platform to display the versatility of hair extensions. They can be styled and curled easily as they have slight natural movement, but they can also be applied to enhance fullness within the hair.


Color
Extensions are available in a huge array of colours, so there's the perfect colour match and blend to suit each and every individual, whether they have a block colour or a mixture of highlights and lowlights. Using a mixture of tones is popular this season as it gives a beautifully natural result. There are also fashion shades that are typically used for panel work to create flashes of colour to update a client's look instantly and enhance the cut. This is a key trend for summer as it gives the style more personality, particularly with shorter choppy cuts like Frankie from The Saturdays.


Length
Long hair extensions with gloss and lustre are still really popular with clients. Extended tresses look timeless and beautiful, especially when smooth and sleek. A lot of clients love the bed-head tousled look to keep up with fashion trends this season, copying celebrities like Paris Hilton, who has added length and body to her style using extensions. Adding length is also popular for those trying to grow out a bob.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sultry!! I just emailed you. My name is Sylvia Kim and I am in fact a full time student at UCR. I am really interested and want to purchase the 20'' clip in hair ext's in jet black. I know the price is quite expensive and I was wondering if I can work something out. Such as referring and spread the word to everyone at UCR, doing a youtube video on the best way to clip them in/ cut to blend, and most definently I will do a review on my blog. I've gone through numerous hair ext. brands, one after another. I get disappointed every time because they never last after a few weeks even if they claim to be professional quality. I'm still looking and hoping that there is one brand out there that I would fall in love with. In addition, since I'm in Riverside I would not mind possibly having a photoshoot with your product to put on your website. Also, 2 of my cousins who are married both share a passion as a makeup artist & pro.photographer. Thus, I want to do a full review and incorporate my cousins professional pictures in there too. Last but not least, I am a biology major and taking my final exams, thus, I put my blog on hold until June 8th and would like to do a contest of some sort for all my blog followers. I hope I can help you in any shape or form and possibly work together. I am going to be a 3rd yr full time student. I do not have much money as I am independent and supporting myself. If you can please help workout a deal or discount, it would be gladly appreciated. Thank you for your time :)

    Sincerely,
    Sylvia Kim

    ReplyDelete